If you are looking for a used motor vehicle, pre-owned repossessed cars for sale near you might be your best option. Buying an automobile is expensive and stressful. If you cannot afford to buy a first hand vehicle, or if you do not qualify for a loan for one, you will probably be looking for a second hand car instead.
It is essential in today’s world to have your own transport. Getting to and from your job, any travelling your job requires, transporting your children, family or friends around and getting just about anywhere else requires transport via a vehicle.
Is public transport an option?
Public transport, especially in South Africa, is not the most convenient form of travel. Unless you have the money for the high fees that private taxis charge, you will have to take a public taxi, bus or train. These forms of transport will not usually fetch you from your door and take you to the door of your destination, requiring you to walk some of the way. If there is bad weather or if you in a rush this could be impractical.
You would also have to fit your movements and schedule around the set times that public transport vehicles operate around. Your boss would be unlikely to be happy if you cannot get to work on time because the earliest bus leaves too late to miss the traffic. Waiting for public transport late at night or early in the morning when there are not many other people around can also be dangerous, especially if you are carrying your belongings on you and waiting alone.
To sum, for the sake of convenience, efficiency, time and safety, it is better to have your own car and be in control of how you get from A to Z.
To buy a new car, most people need a loan. From then on, expenses include the following:
- A deposit
- Monthly payments
Usually, these payments are expensive. If you can afford them, buying new could be an option. However, many people cannot stretch their income to pay the considerably higher costs of paying off a brand new car on top of all their other costs of living.
Looking at second hand cars
Used cars are a good option for the buyer looking for a good price. However, there are many pitfalls in the search for a quality second hand vehicle, including the following:
- Dealerships are not always honest about the quality and condition of the car they are selling you. They might also be asking a very high price for a car that is worth less.
- The car is probably a few years old and will undoubtedly have some wear and tear, but how much is too much? If you are an automobile expert, it will not be too problematic for you to have a look at the engine and parts and decide if the car will last a few more years. However, if you are not, you might be in danger of buying a car that will break down and cost you a huge amount to fix.
- The service plan is likely to have run out and you will have to pay for all your own services and maintenance in the future. These can become very costly.
Pre-owned repossessed cars
A vehicle becomes repossessed when the owner, who is paying it off to a financial service provider, cannot make their payments. The bank may repossess the car and then sell it to a repo dealership who will auction or sell it off to help the bank make their money back. Pre-owned repossessed cars for sale might be your best option for the following reasons:
- Some repossessed cars are fairly new and will have many years left in them.
- Many vehicles will still have time on their service plans and warrantees, saving you a lot of time and money.